if you are interested in participating on Crazy Belts project (see this blog for further information) as a main developer, do not hesitate contacting us.
You can see the job posting in oDesk here, but you can see the transcription here:
Mobile Game Development
Experienced Mobile Game developer for the development and publishing of a mobile game on iOS (iphone, ipad), and Android (Google Play and Amazon Store)
The game is a box2d-based physics casual puzzle/action style
The preferred implementation is Java on top of libgdx library. For the iOS version, libgdx-ios-backend will be used. Developer may know Xamarin.iOS tool for this (previously known as Monotouch)
Candidates with solid knowledge, experience and tools using alternative cross-platform development frameworks (Corona SDK, Unity, Cocos-2d-x) could be also considered.
Despite main game loop has been already developed, the objective is building the full game from the scratch and taking the part already done as a reference. Side things to deliver:
– Visual effects (mostly tweening animations)
– Main menu, screens and overall GUI
– Integration with Flurry Analytics
– Integration with Tap4Tap SDK for Advertising
– Facebook and twitter buttons (follow us/tweet this)
– Internationalization feature
– Testing and binaries preparation for submission to appstores
Everything required is fully documented and as a summary:
– Demo and source code for main game loop is available for reference or using some portions of the code (under developer criteria)
– Art and music are fully developed and available, including screen flows, gestures and overall GUI design
Development methodology will be Agile/SCRUM with weekly/bi-weekly sprints under an agreed product and sprint backlogs
This is a fixed price position that will be limited to 1-1.5 month, though there may be an opportunity for ongoing engagement on further developments on this or future games for the right candidate.
Interested in applying? In your cover letter, please provide a link to a sample of work that shows your game development capabilities, and tell us in 2-3 sentences about your experience with mobile game development